Everything about Slow Eating - Health Diarys

 Slow eating has many benefits, including better digestion, better nutrition, weight loss, or maintenance, as well as greater satisfaction with the meals we eat. Eating quickly can lead to poor digestion, weight gain, and lower satisfaction. It is important to slow down your eating habits and experience better health and well-being.

Slower eating makes it easier to digest food. It is easier to lose weight or maintain it. You also feel satisfied after each meal.

Conversely, if you rush your meals, your digestion suffers. Stressful meals can make you eat more. It can seem that each meal is ending too quickly, which can make you want to eat even more. You might "overshoot" the runway, finishing your meal before your natural hunger signals kick in, and end up feeling uncomfortably full.

It's easy: Reduce your intake and you will enjoy better health and well-being.

Slow food is a valuable source of nutrition

Our society is too busy, distracted, and rushed. North American people eat fast. Fast. It is rare that we take the time to enjoy our food or even to chew it properly.

No matter who you are, we rush our food. Even if your nutrition coach has a master's degree and other certifications in nutrition. Like me.

For many years I wanted to lose weight. I was able to do this by eating quickly. I was able to eat a lot more calories by reducing the amount of food before my stomach even realized it.

Now that I am older, I just want to keep my weight down. I need to eat slower. It is not always easy. It's not always easy, but my wife and my waistline appreciate it when I do.

Why not eat slowly?

Feeling satisfied

Slow eating is a great way to give your body time to realize that you are full.

The brain takes around twenty minutes to send signals of satisfaction after a meal has started. The majority of people's meals do not last as long.

Think about how many extra calories you could consume simply by not allowing your body to recognize that you no longer require food. Imagine the impact of these extra calories on your body.

Slow eating can help us feel satisfied, which is different from being "full".

You will feel good inside your soul if you take the time to slow down, enjoy a meal, and pay attention to textures and tastes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thyroid Health And Your Diet